AliKC was established in 2016 with the two key objectives:
- to influence pet care industry decision makers
- to support owners of Licensed Kennels and Catteries.
The priority was then, and still remains today, to safeguard the future of the Licensed boarding sector.
Two years on, ALIKC has held three very successful conferences, built up Association membership to some 250 full and associate members who provide care to more than 7,500 dogs and over 5,000 cats every year and most recently, secured a seat on the Canine and Feline Sector Group. ALIKC involvement with the CFSG allows the Committee to have a say and, where possible, influence those who advise government about the business and regulations that licensed kennel and cattery owners live by on a daily basis.
Since their initial appointment, the ALIKC directors and board members have resourced the Association from personal funds, donations and by giving their time and professional expertise on a voluntary basis. For commercial reasons this cannot continue.
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
ALIKC Full Membership is available to:
- Boarding Kennels and/or Catteries (licensed by a local authority)
ALIKC Associate Membership is available to:
- Retired Boarding Kennel and/or Cattery License holders
- Anyone considering buying a Licensed Boarding Kennel and/or Cattery
We offer a portfolio of member benefits that includes privileged access and discounts with:
- Discounted rates for associated professional services including Legal, Insurance & Marketing.
- Discounts on a wide range of business requirements including electricity, gas & water supply, pet foods and products.
- Dedicated training and professional development events.
- Online features from industry professionals.
- Telephone support for information and advice on all aspects of the Kennel and Cattery business
HOW DO I JOIN?
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
From 1st April 2018, the following ALIKC membership fees will be applicable:
- £50 annually if paid in full online by 1st May 2018 (representing an annual discount of £10) or
- £60 annually if paid online by monthly instalment of £5 per month
HOW DO I PAY?
Please click on the yearly or monthly payment options below. This will take you through to our simple and secure PayPal option for the payment of your membership fees.